The Frederick Park Apartments form a student residential community on Cal State Monterey Bay's East Campus. Students with families, graduate students, earned a minimum of 90 units, and those 21 years of age and older are eligible to live in these apartments. The two bedroom, one bath apartments offer comfortable accommodations and a convenient commute to university classes and campus activities. Residents may commute by car, Monterey Salinas Transit buses, or bicycle.
All students wanting to live in the East Campus Apartments must be matriculated CSU Monterey Bay students working toward a degree. Students must also be enrolled full time each semester they reside on-campus. This means 12 units per semester for undergraduates and at least 6 graduate level units. Students may be asked to provide proof of enrollment at different points in their academic career.
Each 1,200 square-foot apartment features basic kitchen appliances, hookups for individual washer and dryer units, one full bath, and a one-car garage, and either a small fenced backyard or an enclosed walkout balcony. Upstairs units are carpeted and ground-level units have tile floors. Selected apartment units are configured for wheelchair accessibility. You will find playground, athletic fields, hiking trails, jogging routes, and bike paths throughout the neighborhoods.
- First- and second-story units
- Approximately 1,200 square feet of usable space
- Basic kitchen appliances (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and garbage disposal)
- MST bus service to and from the main campus and surrounding areas
- Basic cable television access included in rent
- Staff available 24 hrs/day
- Cable modem access to the Internet and the CSUMB campus network
- Utilities (gas, electricity, garbage, and water) included in rent
- East Campus parking permit included in rent
- One-car garage
- Either a fenced backyard or a walk-out patio
- Laundry hookups
- Access to coin-operated laundry facilities
- Community Centers in Frederick Park I and II
Sample floor plan for an East Campus apartment. Measurements are approximate and actual room layouts may vary.
Priority housing is given to students with family status in the East Campus Apartments. (Space permitting.)