How To Apply
For 2023-2024 housing, unless approved for a vaccination exemption, residents are required to be immunized for COVID-19. All students are required to submit their information to the Otter Vaccination Registry to live on campus. Campus Health Center Coronavirus Information
New Student Application Academic Year 2023-2024 Dates
|Application Opens||Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.|
|App and Roommate Group Early Bird Deadline for Freshmen||Sunday, March 26, 2023|
|Freshmen Early Bird Assignment Notifications||Friday, April 14, 2023|
|General Assignment Notifications||Friday, May 26, 2023|
|Applications Closes||Sunday, October 1, 2023|
Steps for Applying:
- Sign into your MyHousing Dashboard
- Open New Student App and pay your $200 reservation fees
- Fully complete and submit your housing application
For step-by-step instructions on how to apply, watch our New Student Housing Application Walkthrough.
Room Type and Roommate Preferences
The housing application is your chance to:
- Indicate your preferences of area and room type. Preferences are not guaranteed but we will do our best to assign you according to availability
- Request specific roommates or make no selection and we will assign them for you. Roommate preferences are not guaranteed but we will do our best to assign you together.
MyHousing Dashboard Login Issue
If you are a newly admitted student and are getting an error when accessing your MyHousing please note that it may take 48 hours after receiving your CSUMB credentials for our system to update and make the MyHousing Dashboard available to you.
If you do not have access to the New Student Application, it may take up to 7-10 business days for processing of your enrollment confirmation fee payment before the New Student App is available in your MyHousing Dashboard. If you are still experiencing issues after this time, please reach out to Admissions to confirm and verify that your enrollment confirmation fee payment has been processed.
Current Resident Applicants
These instructions are for new residents only. If you are a current resident, you will apply through Reservation Days.