Applying for Student Housing as an incoming resident
Student Housing is preparing to reopen to full capacity for the 2021-2022 academic year to support in-person instruction. All new students and those who maintain their student status and complete all Reservation Days steps are eligible to live on campus. Students should expect to share living space as appropriate in each residential community and abide by all COVID-19 guidelines in Fall 2021.
For 2021-2022 housing, unless approved for a vaccination exemption, residents are required to be immunized for COVID-19.
Step 1 - Pay Your Deposit Reservation fee
Log into OASIS and pay the $200 Reservation fee.
Info on Reservation Fees
- Main Campus Pay your $200 Reservation Fees through your OASIS account or in person at the Campus Service Center.
- Allow one full business day for processing. You will not have instant access to the housing application.
- If you are an International or National Student Exchange student please see below.
- For questions regarding the Reservation Fees, please call (831) 582-3378.
Step 2 - Sign in to MyHousing to fill out the application
Current students are assigned a time to enter the portal to complete your application by class level in the following order: Seniors, Graduate Students, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen, PostBac. Timeslots are sent out starting Friday, April 2, 2021
Timeslots are assigned beginning Monday, April 5 through Friday, April 16, 2021
Newly admitted students (First Time Freshman, Transfer students, and Grad Students) can begin applying for housing on April 19, 2021. Be sure your $100 Enrollment Confirmation Fee and your $200 Reservation Fees have been paid in order to gain access to the application.
- The following groups of students will have access beginning April 19:, after all timeslots have closed
- Newly admitted students, but have not yet confirmed your acceptance to CSUMB by paying your $100 enrollment confirmation fee; OR,
- Continuing student, but not enrolled in Spring 2021 courses; OR,
- Upcoming Spring 2021 or Summer 2021 graduates
- If you are an upcoming graduate, but plan on continuing your studies at CSUMB through a Graduate program, please contact Student Housing & Residential Life for an application access timeslot.
- Indicate your preferences of area and room type. Preferences are not guaranteed but we will do our best to assign you according to availability.
- Request specific roommates or make no selection and we will assign them for you. Roommate preferences are not guaranteed but we will do our best to assign you together.
This year, all rooms are assigned by Student Housing & Residential Life. There will be no self-selection process.
(If you are a newly admitted student and are getting an error when accessing your MyHousing and you recently paid your $100 Enrollment Confirmation Fee it may take 48hrs for our system to update and make MyHousing available to you)