The Campus Health Center (CHC) provides urgent, primary, and diagnostic care, as well as referral services to students, faculty, staff, their dependents, and guests of the CSUMB community. The CHC's staff of medical professionals is dedicated to meeting patient needs and promoting wellness and independence.
The CHC is located on the corner of Inter Garrison and General Jim Moore Blvd.
Health and Wellness Services (Building 80) 100 Campus Center Seaside, CA 93955-8001
Who we serve
- CSUMB students who are enrolled full-time or part-time, have registered for the current term, and have paid on-campus health fees (all matriculated students). Students should bring their current student ID for no cost or discounted rates.
- Student Veterans are welcomed and eligible for medical services as noted above. Also note that there is a VA Clinic near campus at 201 Ninth St, Marina, CA 93933, call (831) 884-1000.
- Distance Education Students. The staff of the Campus Health Center makes every attempt to provide medical services to our Distance Education students, up to the limits of the law, accepted medical practices, and professional ethics. As a Distance Education student, you may access any and all of the materials available on the Campus Health Center's webpages.
- CSUMB Faculty and Staff. Services provided at cost.
- Family Members of CSUMB students, faculty, and staff. Services provided at cost.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Thursday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
For an appointment or more information, call us at (831) 582-3965.
TTY: (831) 582-4654
Schedule an appointment
You are strongly encouraged to call to make an appointment whenever possible to allow adequate time for evaluation and treatment. Walk-ins are accepted, but priority is given to previously scheduled appointments.
Call (831) 582-3965 to schedule an appointment or inquire about walk-in hours.
Medical emergencies and after-hours care
For a medical emergency on central campus, either use the campus emergency blue light phones or dial 911. If you are located in the university's Schoonover or Frederick Park residential neighborhoods or off campus, dial 911.
When the CHC is closed and you do not have a medical emergency you may contact any healthcare facility of your choice. Also, you may go to one of the Doctors on Duty (DOD) clinics listed below for medical care. If a student goes to a Doctors on Duty (DOD) clinic for after-hours services, a current CSUMB identification is required for no-cost or discounted fees. Payment is the patient's responsibility.
Doctors on Duty (DOD) clinic locations, contact numbers, and hours:
|Salinas||1212 South Main Street||(831) 422-7777||Monday - Friday: 8:00am to 10:00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am to 8:00pm|
|Monterey||501 Lighthouse Avenue||(831) 649-0770||Monday - Friday: 8:00am to 8:00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am to 6:00pm|
|Seaside||1513 Fremont Boulevard, Suite E-1||(831) 899-1910||Monday - Friday: 8:00am to 7:00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday: Closed|
|Marina||3130 Del Monte Avenue||(831) 883-3330||Monday - Friday: 8:00am to 6:00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday: Closed|
When students can access a Doctors on Duty (DOD) clinic for services:
- Whenever the Campus Health Center is closed (e.g., weekends, holidays, winter break)
- Anytime the Campus Health Center refers a student to a DOD clinic for medical care. A written referral must be obtained from the Campus Health Center if the visit occurs between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- If the Campus Health Center is closed for unforseen circumstances during regular business hours.