Tips for Staying Healthy
Prevention actions that will help you avoid contracting and spreading the flu and COVID-19.
- Look up your county’s health department website
- All Monterey County residents are eligible for testing, regardless of insurance status.
- Medi-Cal: Ask the pharmacist for free at-home tests with no co-pay. See Medi-Cal instructions for getting free test kits.
- Medicare: Bring your red, white, and blue Medicare card to a pharmacy to get your free tests. See details at Medicare Covers Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Tests.
- Private Health Insurance: Your insurance must pay for, or reimburse for, 8 at-home tests per person, per month. There are several ways private insurance offers over-the-counter tests. Some insurance companies will mail them to you directly, some have partnerships with pharmacies and will allow you to pick them up for free, others require you to purchase the test and then fill out a form for reimbursement. Ask your insurance company how to get your free tests. Find out more at How to Get Your At-Home Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Test for Free.
Employees and students should immediately report the following cases to CSUMB: 1) You suspect your exposure due to close contact with a person who has COVID-19, and/or 2) you receive notice of your confirmed COVID-19 positive test result.
- All students, faculty, staff, and on-campus contractors who have a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 and who had contact with a campus building, facility, or space in the past 14-days before their test must report immediately through the confidential and secure online form.
- Review self-isolation instructions