Types of Aid
- You may qualify for one or more of the Federal or State grants listed as part of your need-based financial aid award.
- To be considered by the California Student Aid Commission for the Cal Grant program, you must file the FAFSA and the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by the state deadline of March 2nd.
- Federal Student Loans are considered a type of financial aid. Federal Student Loans will be part of your Financial Aid Awards. You have the option to accept or decline your Federal Student Loan. Learn more about Federal Student Loans here. The link will give you information on the individual loan programs, interest rates, fees, repayment options, and other factors that you should consider.
- Federal Work-Study is a federally funded program that provides employment opportunities to students with the highest financial need. Placement is limited.
- There are a wide variety of job opportunities for students, both on- and off-campus. Most students are paid directly by their employers. Others are paid through the Federal Work-Study program, which includes a component for Community Service Federal Work-Study.
- Another way to help meet your cost of attendance is to obtain scholarships. Scholarships will reduce your financial responsibility dollar-for-dollar.
- International Student and Non-California Resident Fee Waiver
- Employee or Cal Vet Fee Waiver
- Dept. of Rehabilitation, 3rd party waiver