DroneCamp is a short course on using drones for mapping and data collection. Now in its 5th year, the program is designed to cover a broad suite of knowledge and skills needed to use drones for mapping.
July 26, 2021 - July 26, 2021
9 AM to 4 PM
Cost - $50 (Student Rate) $100 (Academic Rate) $150 (General Admission)
- Equipment and Introduction to Mapping and Regulations to kick off and introduce DroneCamp!
- Mission Planning and Safety and Regulations overview. Learn how to be a good visual observer and operate in controlled airspace.
- Hardware selection of sensors, platforms, and field accessories for your objective/budget.
- Data Collection, mission planning, and high precision mapping.
- Data Analysis and processing overview using Pix4D, Agisoft Metashape, ArcGIS Pro, and OpenDroneMap. Learn to analyze drone outputs in ArcGIS Pro and QGIS, do advanced vegetation analytics, and analyze data in the intertidal zone.