State student assistant employees use CMS Student/HR to enter all hours worked and print a monthly pay voucher. For further assistance, please contact your department timekeeper or send an email to email@example.com.
All student assistant employees must complete the Information Security Awareness Training prior to being granted access to the time reporting function.
- Log into Dashboard with CSUMB username and password.
- Go to Main Menu, Employee Resources, Tools & Databases, CMS Human Resources, click on the green "Log into CMS Human Resources" button.
- No additional ID or password is required to access your CMS account.
- Use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer as browser (recommended). Mac users can also use Firefox and Safari.
- Turn off popup blockers (IE > Tools > Popup Blocker).
- Delete cached temporary internet files (IE > Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies, Delete Files, etc.)
- Setup Internet Explorer to accept Cookies. (IE > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings > Low.)
- From the main menu, select MB Employee Self Service > Timesheet.
- Enter the hours worked for each day you worked.
- Enter your hours in 12-hour format with a for AM and p for PM (i.e. for 1:00 pm type 1:00p), or in24-hour format (i.e. for 1:00 pm type 1300).
- If you did not take a break, use only the In and Out (_first_ and _last_) fields in the row.
- Click the Submit button to submit your time so your department Timekeeper can approve it.
- At the end of the month print your Voucher and give it to your department Timekeeper for approval.
- All Time must be approved by the Timekeeper within 5 business days after the last day of the pay period.
- Only State-side student assistants use CMS Student/HR to enter their time worked. SA's who are employed by the Corporation at Monterey Bay (Corporation) do not use CMS Student/HR system to enter their hours worked.
- Every student has a CMS Student/HR account to register for classes. After their hiring paperwork (SEAF) is received and processed by Payroll, an SA's account is updated to include access to the time reporting function.
- If you do not have access to the time reporting function in CMS Student/HR verify with your department that a SEAF has been completed and submitted to the Payroll Office. Your departmental timekeeper can contact their Payroll Office technician to see if the SEAF has been processed by Payroll.
- You must also have gone to the Campus Service Center to complete your hiring packet. The CSC must send the hiring packet to the Payroll Office.
- Make sure you are using the latest job aid (Student Assistant Enter Time Worked and Print Pay Voucher found above).
- Use Internet Explorer (recommended browser). Clear the cache in Internet Explorer (Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files > click Delete Cookies, Delete Files, etc. > then click OK). Turn off pop-up blocker (IE > Tools > Popup Blocker).
- Enter time in 24 hour format or use AM and PM. Use In/Out fields for days with no break. Include lunch and second-in time for breaks or meals.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the screen after entering your hours.
- When running the report to print your pay voucher, if you have multiple jobs on campus make sure you are running the report for the correct job (Empl Rec Nbr).
- Only the person with department signature authority (a Signature Authorization form on file in the Payroll Office) is allowed to sign your pay voucher.
- When the time is approved by the CSUMB Payroll Office it can no longer be modified in CMS Student/HR. Modifications need to be made using the Student Time Adjustment Report (found above).