Campus Service Center

Meal plans

Meal Plans are managed by Dining Services and on their site, they have the up to date prices. All meal plans are loaded onto your OtterCard.

Types of meal plans

Housing (Residential)  meal plans

A housing meal plan is required if you are living in the residence halls or North Quad suites. If you live in Strawberry Apartments or Promontory Apartments you will have the option to select a housing meal plan.

All housing meal plan blocks and Dining Dollars are cleared the last day the term and cannot be used during the winter or summer breaks.

More detailed information about housing meal plans can be found in your Housing License Agreement

Voluntary meal plans

Voluntary meal plans can be bought by anyone associated with CSUMB and is loaded onto your OtterCard by the Campus Service Center. Commuter meal plans can not be used to replace a housing meal plan if you are living on main campus.


Meals are used for one entry into the Dining Commons and are designed for students to use at the Dining Commons.

Dining Dollars

Dining Dollars are a dollar amount that can be used at any dining location on campus. 

If your ID card doesn't work at a dining facility it could be one of two things. Either your meal plan isn't loaded properly or there is physical damage to your mag stripe located on the back of your ID card. If there is physical damage to your mag stripe please visit the Campus Service Center. If there is no visible damage to your card the meal plan may not be loaded properly. If you have a commuter meal plan please visit the Campus Service Center. If you have a housing meal plan please visit the Student Housing & Residential Life office.