College of Business Internships
- Choose Internship Type (Paid vs. Unpaid, level, visit Monterey Bay Internship Portal for examples)
- Submit Internship Form (Based on this information, we'll create the internship description)
- Review Internship Description (Once approved, your opportunity will be posted)
- Review Applications
- Schedule Interviews
- Hire Candidate
Do you have an Internship Opportunity?
Responsibilities: Completed with full training and guidance from a supportive mentor.
Responsibilities: Completed with minimal training and guidance from a supportive mentor.
Tips for a Successful Internship Experience
- Treat this hiring process as you would for other employees.
- Consider having an on-campus interview as well as an off-campus interview to see your candidates in their school environment and beyond.
- Conduct a company orientation for your new intern.
- Plan to provide consistent guidance for your intern’s time use.
Internship Mentoring Tips
- Mentor and Intern design the responsibilities and projected learning outcomes.
- Mentor and Intern meet weekly for feedback and guidance.
- Mentors share regular progress reports with interns.
- Mentors share final evaluations with interns.
- Mentors offer professional guidance and encouragement related to socializing and networking in the organization and/or industry.
To provide a hospitality internship, contact Dr. John Avella at JAvella@csumb.edu or (831) 582-3725.
Telephone: (831) 582-5220
Location: Joel & Dena Gambord BIT Building, Room 313