Requirements for students AA-T certified in Psychology
If you transferred into CSUMB from a California community college as an AA-T-certified student in Psychology, you must complete the following courses for your bachelor's degree in Psychology at CSUMB. If you are unsure about your transfer status, please talk to an advisor.
Complete ALL of the following Psychology courses:
- PSY 300: Experimental Psychology and Human Assessment (3 units)
- PSY 301/L: Advanced Psychological Statistics (3 units) OR PSY 305/L: PSY Testing and Measurement (3 units)
- PSY 302/L: Psychology Research Methods and Data Analysis (3 units)
- PSY 310: Biological Psychology (3 units) series course (choose 1 from 310-319)
- PSY 320: Psychopathology (3 units) series course (choose 1 from 320-329)
- PSY 330: Cognitive Psychology (3 units) series course (choose 1 from 330-339)
- PSY 340: Developmental Psychology (3 units) series course (choose 1 from 340-349)
- PSY 350: Social Psychology (3 units) series course (choose 1 from 350-359)
- PSY 400: Psychology Capstone (3 units)
Complete ALL of the following courses:
- Any approved upper division D2 course (such as SBS 350: Domination and Resistance: US since 1880 (4 units): Domination & Resistance: US or SBS 385: Environmental History of California (3-4 units))
- Any approved D4 course
- Any approved A4 course (GWAR)
Students are also required to demonstrate second language proficiency at the 201 level. Read more about the Language Proficiency Requirement.
Electives (additional units cannot bring total units to more than 60). Any PSY electives.