Communication Design Minor
The Communication Design minor provides you with an opportunity to explore your particular interests in web design, interactive media and game design, and traditional graphic design. You will take 20 units of courses to fulfill the requirements of this minor program.
The Communication Design minor provides the opportunity to integrate knowledge of web, visual and interactive media and game design into your major coursework. It provides high-quality educational opportunities to all CSUMB students who want a deeper understanding of design principles, hands-on media production skills, and digital content development in order to make informed contributions to their community using computer technology.
Complete ALL of the following:
- CST 201: Media Tools (4 units)
- CST 251: Web Tools (4 units)
- CST 227: Design Fundamentals (4 units) or CST 328: Digital Art and Design (4 units)
Complete TWO of the following courses:
- CST 304: Publication Design (2-4 units)
- CST 307: Game Character and Environment Modeling (4 units)
- CST 321: Game Design and Interactive Media I (4 units)
- CST 351: Web Design (4 units)
- CST 404: Publication Workshop (4 units)
- CST 421: Game Design & Interactive Media II (4 units)
- CST 451: Web Production (4 units)
LO 1: Fundamental Design Tools
Students use professional-level media design tools AND Web development skills for the creation of digital content.
LO 2: Aesthetics & Design Principles
Students apply fundamental graphic design principles to create digital content that communicates a specific message to an audience.
LO 3: Communication Design Techniques
Students design static and dynamic digital content using advanced design techniques and tools, and illustrate advanced knowledge of interactivity, usability and aesthetics.