Current ProjectsView map of current projects
Check out the latest construction and demolition projects to see what's happening right now and in the near future.
Construction and Safety
Safety is the top priority of any construction project. Click the button below to learn more about safety when near a construction site on campus.Learn about Construction Safety
A new academic building is coming to campus! This project (home for the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences) continues to fulfill our campus vision for growth in our Comprehensive Master Plan. The site for the new building is in the large parking lot west of the Gambord Business and Information Technology Building (Lot 508).
- Site operations started in August 2017 with start of major construction in October 2017
- The building is scheduled for completion in time for the Fall 2019 semester
- Academic III will house the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (CAHSS)
- The 48,000 GSF building will house department offices, interdisciplinary classrooms and special instruction spaces, faculty offices, spaces for student and faculty engagement and encounters. This building will have indoor and outdoor gathering spaces and gallery spaces and is being designed to meet LEED Gold standards.
- Link to a current site photo: http://media.csumb.edu/inbox/ac3time/AC3_C1_latest.jpg
On July 26th a beam signing ceremony was performed to signify the structural steel going up. We invited everyone that was involved with the project - the campus, design team and construction teams. You can see a video here.
CEQA DocumentsAcademic III - Finding of Consistency
Visual and Public Arts Building 70 Exterior and Interior Remodel
The 4,800 square foot renovation of the Visual and Public Arts Building is now 75% complete! Renovation of existing building to meet seismic and fire-life safety requirements.
- Client: College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, CAHSS
- Architect: Paul Davis Partnerships
- Contractor: Tombleson
- Project Cost: $2.33M
- Completion Date: Late Spring 2020
Upon completion, the 4,800 square feet renovation will provide students, staff and faculty an innovative and creative learning space. Architectural improvements include new 878 square foot classroom space. An open concept Art Gallery is redesigned to display student work and host future events. An accessibility photographic dark room and restroom are under construction. Project completion date is scheduled for late Spring 2020.
Student Union Building
The new Student Union Building is now 70% complete! This 72,000 square feet student hub will house activity, lounges, bookstore and student organization spaces.
- Client: Student Services
- Architect: HGA Inc.
- Contractor: Gilbane Building Company
- Project Cost: $55M
- Completion Date: Fall 2020
The Student Union Building will provide a three story space for meeting rooms, lounges, food services, retail, student government and organizations, administrative and support services spaces. The building shall be designed and constructed to meet LEED Silver certification requirements. Construction started in Summer 2018 with an expected completion date of Fall 2020.
Link to a current site photo: http://media.csumb.edu/inbox/osutime/display.html