Current ProjectsView map of current projects
Check out the latest construction and demolition projects to see what's happening right now and in the near future.
Construction and Safety
Safety is the top priority of any construction project. Click the button below to learn more about safety when near a construction site on campus.Learn about Construction Safety
A new academic building is coming to campus! This project (home for the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences) continues to fulfill our campus vision for growth in our Comprehensive Master Plan. The site for the new building is in the large parking lot west of the Gambord Business and Information Technology Building (Lot 508).
- Site operations started in August 2017 with start of major construction in October 2017
- The building is scheduled for completion in time for the Fall 2019 semester
- Academic III will house the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (CAHSS)
- The 48,000 GSF building will house department offices, interdisciplinary classrooms and special instruction spaces, faculty offices, spaces for student and faculty engagement and encounters. This building will have indoor and outdoor gathering spaces and gallery spaces and is being designed to meet LEED Gold standards.
- Link to a current site photo: http://media.csumb.edu/inbox/ac3time/AC3_C1_latest.jpg
On July 26th a beam signing ceremony was performed to signify the structural steel going up. We invited everyone that was involved with the project - the campus, design team and construction teams. You can see a video here.
CEQA DocumentsAcademic III - Finding of Consistency
The proposed Student Union building will provide a new Student Union building adjacent to the existing Student Center Building. The proposed 72,000 SF building will house activity spaces, meeting rooms, lounges, food service space, bookstore, retail space, student government club and organization space and administrative and support spaces. The building shall be designed and constructed to meet LEED Silver certification requirements. Construction started in Summer 2018 with expected completion in 2020.
Link to a current site photo: http://media.csumb.edu/inbox/osutime/display.html