Monterey Bay Academy is the smaller of our two program sites, is a private high school located in the small community of La Selva Beach. Camp SEA Lab runs programs out of their bunkhouse which can accommodate up to 39 participants (students, chaperones, and teachers).
Monterey Bay Academy Facilities:
- One bunk house
- 2 dorms—one girls room and one boys room. Each side has bunk beds for at least 18 students and its own bathroom with shower stalls.
- Common room area between dorms for students to utilize for lessons and during free time
- Dining Hall
- Marine Biology classroom
- Recreational space including a large grass field
- Private beach access
- On site administrative and maintenance staff
- Additional buildings utilized by high school students only
Monterey Bay Academy Dining:
- Students bring sack lunches to the first day of camp. Additional meals are provided by the Monterey Bay Academy culinary staff and are served buffet-style in the dining hall.
- All meals are 100% vegetarian
- Monterey Bay Academy culinary staff are able to provide for a majority of special dietary needs. Contact us for more information.
Monterey Bay Academy campus
Monterey Bay Academy cafeteria
Private beach access from campus
Wet lab space for squid dissection