The AS Senate is the legislative governing body of the Associated Students, otherwise known as the AS Board of Directors. Even if a student is not a voting member of the Senate, anyone is always welcome to voice out their concerns, stay involved, and be informed of the actions that the AS Senate executes on their behalf.
To submit an agenda item, please contact Jennifer Costa, AS Vice President of University Affairs with your name, organization, and details about what you would like to discuss.
- College of Health Sciences and Human Services Senator
- Serves as a resource for students within CHSHS.
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Senator
- Organizes and facilitates meetings between students and faculty within CAHSS.
Hi! I’m Claire Larson and I’m a second year who’s majoring in Global Studies. My main job is to organize and facilitate meetings between students and faculty within the college of arts, humanities and social sciences. I’m aiming to connect students with resources that will benefit them in taking the next steps for their future career. This would include a graduate school fair and a career fair. If you have any questions, concerns, comments or ideas please feel free to reach out to me anytime!
- College of Science Senator
- Addresses academic concerns within the College of Science
- Undeclared Senator
- Informs students on degree options.
- College of Education Senator
- Advocates for student concerns within the College of Education.
- Diversity and Inclusion Senator
- Advocates for campus inclusivity.
Ava Faithe Castro
- Sustainability Senator
- Provides solutions for a more sustainable campus environment.
- Basic Needs Senator
- Advocates for basic student needs.
Hi y’all! My name is Maddy, I’m a fourth year Global Studies major and this is my third year in Associated Students. The Basic Needs Senator is a brand new position in AS, and I am so excited to serve you this year! I’ll be working on issues including food and housing security, as well as mental well-being and overall financial support. Some of my biggest roles include overseeing and managing the AS Food Pantry, and meeting regularly with our university care manager and the Basic Need Committee. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email to schedule an appointment during my office hours!